Amazing Gardening Tips for December
Make it Easy on yourself and follow our Gardening Blogs:
- Better Planning – It’ll make your life in the garden easier
- Free – Killer gardening Hints, Tips and Interesting facts
- Improve your gardening knowledge – Keeping you ahead of the pack by arming you with great gardening knowledge
What do you want to do with your garden?
- Is it pretty much steady as she goes, where a little maintenance is required but you’re happy with the overall structure and what is in your garden from the point of view of trees and Shrubs are woody plants that add shape & structure to yo...
- Maybe your looking to make part of your garden become a themed garden, where you can have a children’s play area or patio area for entertaining/barbeques
- Attract more wild life by having a pond and putting plants in that will attract bees, birds and other wildlife. I will be covering this in much more detail in upcoming blogs
Whatever you are looking to do now is the time to be doing the planning and starting to put things in place in preparation for early 2016
- If you didn’t clean it out last month, it needs to be done this month
Benefit – By washing trays, pots then mending/oiling/replacing tools – gets the greenhouse & contents ready for the next year also helps to prevent pests from hibernating then unleashing themselves creating problems in Spring
- As it’s still mild, continue to cut the grass
- Clear the leaves as this stops them from blocking light and moisture
- If you have issues with your lawn, it needs repairing or moss for instance, this is the time to deal with it
- When the weather changes and it becomes frosty or there’s snow covering your lawn, it’s best not to walk on it as this could cause damage to the lawn
- Prune climbing roses
- Remove damaged and diseased parts of it
- Spray roses to help keep This is a damaging fungal rose disease, characterised by dar... at bay
- Leaves that have fallen from the rose bush, if they were infected by This is a damaging fungal rose disease, characterised by dar..., the leaves must be completely removed to reduce the chances of any repeat infection
- If you’re looking to plant new roses bushes it would be sensible to not plant them where previous ones have been to try and prevent disease reoccurring in new rose plants
- Weed removal from around young recently planted trees
- Plant Normally describes trees or shrubs that shed their leaves or... Shrubs are woody plants that add shape & structure to yo... and trees
- Planting of Blackberries, black currants and raspberries
General Gardening Tasks
- Repair and replace fencing – helps to maintain the security and look of your garden
- Repair and replace paving
- Removal of Simple plants that make their own food by photosynthesis from paths and steps – Helps to prevent unnecessary accidents
- Prune This is in effect when a plant is sleeping and there is litt... plants
- Dig over the soil
Mind Blowing Gardening Facts
- Roses – Shakespeare made references to roses on over 50 occasions
- Trees – Trees have an incredible ability to recycle your environment and this is done through This is a process where plants, some bacteria and algae conv....
They can produce up 260 pounds of oxygen annually and absorb up to 1 ton of CO2 (carbon dioxide) in a life time
Gardening Terms Explained
This is a damaging fungal rose disease, characterised by dar... – This is a damaging fungal rose disease, characterised by dark spots, and the leaves falling and turning yellow
The selective cutting down/paring of plants or in the case o... – Removal cutting down of plants, branches/trees for shaping, removing deadwood, maintaining health.
Essential The selective cutting down/paring of plants or in the case o... mega tips
(1) If buds are visible prune just above the buds
(2) Use sharp secateurs to avoid tearing and crushing
Normally describes trees or shrubs that shed their leaves or... – Normally describes trees or Shrubs are woody plants that add shape & structure to yo... that shed their leaves/petals in autumn
Simple plants that make their own food by photosynthesis – Simple plants that make their own food by This is a process where plants, some bacteria and algae conv...
This is in effect when a plant is sleeping and there is litt... – This is in effect when a plant is sleeping and there is little or no growth, this usually takes place in winter
This is a process where plants, some bacteria and algae conv... – A process used by plants, some bacteria and Simple plants that make their own food by photosynthesis to convert light energy into chemical energy. They produce glucose and oxygen from CO2 (carbon dioxide) and water
What do You Think?
- Did you find our hints and tips and gardening facts useful
- Do you have any stories or experiences you want to share in connection with what we’ve mentioned above?
Share and Share again
Share these Fantastic Gardening Hints and Tips or our Mind Blowing Gardening Facts with your friends and family, they’ll be glad that you did, a sure fire way to get into their good books.